Selling a house is one of the most important decisions that you can make. The following tips will give you an idea about the procedure for selling your home.
- Employ a real estate expert. A crucial step is to choose a real estate expert who would assist you in selling your home and complying with all disclosures.
- Make it attractive. Clean, paint and make necessary repairs to optimize the value.
- Price efficiently. If you price your home excessively high it will lessen the interest of most buyers. You should keep in mind that the price is determined by the home selling market.
- Marketing. For selling your home quickly exposure is an important factor. Pictures, print ads, internet, open house, yard signs, brochures, MLS and more.
- Offers. There are many conditions and terms that could influence the offer. Is the buyer pre-qualified? Who pays for the home inspection? The listing agent can help you thoroughly understand the offer.
- Home Inspection. When the offer is accepted the potential homebuyer will probably request a home inspection…therefore get ready and adhere to tip #2.
- Appraisal. The mortgage company will request an appraisal which is a supported value of the property.
- Buying. Review the buying tips under buyers on the navigation bar.
- Final Inspection. When you have moved out it’s time for touch ups and any required cleaning. Generally a final inspection by all parties is done at this time before closing.
- Closing. Closings normally happen 30-45 days after the signing of the sales agreement. During closing, all funds are gathered, any existing liabilities are paid off, the deed is handed over and insurance for a free and clear title is issued.
Now that you’re armed with an outline on how and what to do, call me today for a no cost or obligation on listing your home to SELL.
Lynn Kronk, Affiliate Broker